Postfix doesn’t have built-in autoresponder functionality, you need to use 3rd party tool. On the market there are variety of tools and scripts which will do the job. But almost none of them could set time range for sending auto replies out of the box. This functionality is very useful when you don’t want to forget to disable autoresponder after some period of time.
Setting up MSH Autoresponder with simple time range
- Open MSH Autoresponder administrator panel.
- Select Autoresponder Rules tree node.
- Click button Add New to create new rule.
- On Auto Reply tab compose auto reply message.
- Go to Conditions tab and add requirements to trigger autoresponder, like only for some recipients.
- Go to Time Range tab and select Enable time range option.
- Choose date range in which you want to apply autoresponder, ie. 2014.12.24 – 2015.01.01.
- Click button OK and Save changes.
When you’re not enabling time and date range autoresponders will be send all the time without a break.
- You can set an an auto reply message when you’re on national holiday.
- Using Loop Protector auto-reply messages are sent to each recipient only with specified times per minute, hour, day or week.
- Using Time Range options auto reply messages are sent only in specified period of time.
To learn more visit MSH Postfix Autoresponder website.