Disclaimers are added based on rules. Each rule have conditions and exception which must be met to work or not on the specific message. Rules are invoked from top to bottom. If conditions are met then disclaimer template is added and running of the next and another rule depends on selected options. If rule is not active it’s skipped. Each rule can be set in any position from the first to the last.
Actions which could be done on rule(s), same actions are available from context menu:
- Add Rule - opens disclaimer rule wizard with new rule
- Edit - opens disclaimer rule wizard with selected rule
- Clone - clone rule with the same settings like the original one
- Remove - delete rule from the list
- Disable/Enable - disable/enable rule, option is different based on the rule current state
- Enable All - enable all rules
- Disable All - disable all rules
- Move Up - move up selected rule
- Move Down - move down selected rule
With disclaimer wizard a template can be composed in html and text format. Conditions and exception can be defined to decide when disclaimer should be added into the message. Disclaimer rule can have custom name and description.
When option Advanced Options is selected disclaimer wizard shows additional Exceptions, Duplicates and Next pages.
On the left picture there are visible options without selected Advanced Options option, on the right with selected.
Both set of conditions and exception are the same. Exceptions are logically NOT conditions. List of all conditions/exceptions are described in separate Conditions & Exceptions section.
When exceptions are met disclaimer will not be added to the message.
When conditions are met disclaimer will be added to the message.
The application first checks exceptions and when nothing is met it goes to conditions. When conditions are met - disclaimer is appended to the message.
Conditions/exceptions available within disclaimer rules:
- Apply to All Messages
- Message Sender - Email Address
- Message Sender - User
- Message Sender - In Group
- Message Recipient - Email Address
- Message Recipient - User
- Message Recipient - In Group
- Message Header
- Message Subject or Body Contains
- Time Range
Disclaimer template can be inserted when:
- All conditions are met
- Any condition is met
Disclaimer can be inserted at the bottom of the message or at the top of the message.
By default option Insert disclaimer at the bottom of the message is selected.
Duplicates protector can be used when one disclaimer should be added to the message. If disclaimer should be added every time this option must be turned off.
Duplicates protector is enabled by default.
Disclaimer already inserted into message can be garbled when users reply to the same message many times. Search sensitivity slider will help to specify how many characters can be omitted from appended disclaimer. Lower the value when application is inserting another disclaimer too often.
These options specify if the application should stop or go to the next rule when current rule is applied or not (disclaimer is appended).
- If this rule is applied - option used when rule is applied
- If this rule is not applied - option used when rule is not applied
These options are visible on the disclaimer rules list.